Well after many months of hard work we are ready to offer memberships to the Inland Valley Mountain Bike Association!! Here is the exciting news and a few organizational updates.
We are offering the opportunity to become a Founding Member. This Founding Membership will only be offered until December 1st, 2014. After that, memberships will be run through the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA). Memberships are good 1 year from date of payment.
The benefits of this membership include:
- 1 year IVMTB membership (your IVMTB membership will also get you an IMBA membership when our club becomes an IMBA Chapter)
- Limited edition Founding Members card
- You will have the option to purchase a limited edition Founding Members Jersey (These will only be offered until Dec 1)
- Free or heavily discounted member events
- Discounts from our sponsors (sponsors and discounts will be listed on the ivmtb.org website as they are added)
- Recognition on the Founding Members page of the IVMTB.org website
- Being part of a unified voice on Mountain Bike Trail use issues in Riverside County.
- Knowing that you helped make the Inland Valley Mountain Bike Association become a reality.
- IVMTB is in the process of becoming a 501(c)3 Non Profit Organization so your donations should be tax deductible.
If you are interested in joining us please visit our Join IVMTB page.
Board of Directors
We held our first Board of Directory meeting on 9/25. During the meeting we elected officers and board members, approved the Articles of Incorporation, approved the Corporate Bylaws, approved a budget, and all the other cool stuff you have to do when starting a non-profit organization.
The organizations Board of Directors is as follows:
- Rex Roberson – President / Secretary
- Jacob Robinson – Vice President
- Kim Wessells – Treasurer
- Jeff Slepski – Board Member
- Jordan Frates – Board Member
- Luke Wiens – Board Member
- Ric Van Der Linden – Board Member
- Rich Wessells – Board Member
- Tim Donovan – Board Member
Corporation and Non-Profit Status
The state has accepted our Articles of Incorporation and I will finish filling the remaining paperwork this week.
The Board has approved the purchase of insurance. It will be effective 10/01/2014.
Logo’d Pint Glasses
Unfortunately this did not work out. We received a full refund on the order.
Vail Lake – Jason Ranoa has been working with the new management at Vail Lake to ensure we can continue to ride and hold events at the Vail Campground. I am working with Jason to get an introduction meeting to let them know who we are and what we can offer.
Hogbacks – A couple of months ago, per the direction of the Murrieta Parks Department, I reached out to the land management group that is managing Hogbacks and the response was not what I expected. I did not pursue it any further at that time as my focus was getting this organization started so we had a voice. I will contact the City and the Management group again now that we are an official organization.
We have a couple of other projects that are in the early stages that I will share as soon as I know they will move forward.
This Saturday, October 4th, 2014 is IMBA’s Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day. IVMTB is going to be at the Santa Rosa Plateau between 9am – 11am doing safety checks on kids bikes and giving out stickers to show support for the day. We wanted to do more but did not have time to organize a big event so this will have to do for this year.
Thank you all for your support!! I look forward to meeting and riding with you in the future.