Our “Founding” Membership drive is going very well. We currently have 51 members with new people joining daily.
To see a list of our Founding Members please visit our Founding Members Page.
As a reminder we are offering the opportunity to become a Founding Member. This Founding Membership will only be offered until December 1st, 2014. After that, memberships will be run through the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA). Memberships are good 1 year from date of payment.
The benefits of this membership include:
- 1 year IVMTB membership (your IVMTB membership will also get you an IMBA membership when our club becomes an IMBA Chapter)
- Limited edition Founding Members card
- You will have the option to purchase a limited edition Founding Members Jersey (These will only be offered until Dec 1)
- Free or heavily discounted member events
- Discounts from our sponsors (sponsors and discounts will be listed on the ivmtb.org website as they are added)
- Recognition on the Founding Members page of the IVMTB.org website
- Being part of a unified voice on Mountain Bike Trail use issues in Riverside County.
- Knowing that you helped make the Inland Valley Mountain Bike Association become a reality.
- IVMTB is in the process of becoming a 501(c)3 Non Profit Organization so your donations should be tax deductible.
If you are interested in joining us please visit our Join IVMTB page.
Corporation and Non-Profit Status
All of the required paperwork has been filed so we are just waiting for the final paperwork to be returned.
General Liability insurance has been paid for and became effective 10/01/2014.
Ronald Reagan Sports Park (NEW) – This is still in the planning and approval gathering stages but we are working on a proposal for the City of Temecula to get 4 miles of singletrack and a pump track built at the Sports Park. There is a lot of excitement around this project so we are confident that we will get the approvals needed to move forward.
Vail Lake (Update) – Jason Ranoa continues to work with the new management at Vail Lake to ensure we can continue to ride and hold events at the Vail Campground. I am working with Jason to get an introduction meeting to let them know who we are and what we can offer. The final SoCal Endurance and Enduro Races will be held on November 8th and 9th.
Hogbacks – A couple of months ago, per the direction of the Murrieta Parks Department, I reached out to the land management group that is managing Hogbacks and the response was not what I expected. I did not pursue it any further at that time as my focus was getting this organization started so we had a voice. I will contact the City and the Management group again now that we are an official organization.
We will be participating in the 2nd Annual Cranksgiving Day Ride on November 15th @ 9am. This event is a 20 mile SOCIAL road ride (on any bike you want to ride) and food drive. We meet at The Bike Shop Temecula and ride to Organic Roots to buy groceries. Then we ride back to the bike shop with our groceries. The groceries are then loaded in a van and taken to The Community Mission of Hope to be distributed to families in need. This ride was started last year by The Temecula Bike Train. You if you want to participate is a bike, backpack, and $15 cash to buy items from the food drive list. This event is FREE FOR ALL AGES. We will also post details on our Facebookand Meetup Ride pages.
Thank you all for your support!! I look forward to meeting and riding with you in the future.