Founding Membership Drive
Our “Founding” Membership drive went extremely well. We had 154 people sign up as founding members. To see a list of our Founding Members please visit our Founding Members Page.
IMBA CHAPTER STATUS
The application has been submitted so we are on track to becoming an IMBA Chapter by mid March.
We have moved the website to a new platform. It should be much easier to navigate and more mobile friendly. It also has a ride calendar, a shopping cart and a blog.
2014 Accomplishments (September - December)
- 165+ Active members
- Over 600 followers on Facebook
- Received 501(c)3 Non-Profit Corporation
- Sold 132 Founding Member Jerseys
- Sold 202 T-shirts
- Presented at 2 local city government meetings.
- Introduced the Organization to the Temecula City Council – 50 local mountain bikers attended the meeting to show support
- Presented a proposal to the Temecula Community Services Commission asking for approval to build ~4 miles of single track and 2 pump tracks at the Ronald Reagan Sport Park – 25 local mountain bikers attended the meeting to show support
- We received a $2500 Grant from the International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA) to get the Ronald Reagan Sports Park Project kicked off
- We have put on over 30 local mountain bike rides
- We participated in the Temecula Christmas Parade
- We participated in a trash cleanup day at Vail Lake
- We assisted a local land owner in putting up no trespassing signs and educating local mountain bike riders of the status of those trials.
Ronald Reagan Sports Park
We are working with the City of Temecula on getting 3 to 4 miles of multi-use single track and two pump tracks built at the Ronald Reagan Sports Park in Temecula. We presented our proposal to the Temecula Community Service Commission on November 10th. The meeting went very well. The commission liked our proposal and passed it onto a sub-committee. The sub-committee will work with us to get the proposal ready for the Temecula City Council.
On Thursday, November 13th we met with a Press Enterprise reporter at the Ronald Reagan Sports Park to discuss the project. The article was in November 16th's paper. Link here
We also received a grant from the International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA) for $2500. This grant was used to have an IMBA trail specialist come out for 3 days to consult on the project. The trial specialist visited Monday, November 17th – Wednesday, November 19th. We are currently working with the IMBA specialist to draft the final proposal for the city.
Jason Ranoa with SoCal Endurance continues to work with the new management at Vail Lake to ensure we can continue to ride and hold events at the Vail Campground.
We are in the planning stages of our first IVMTB Member Meeting / Event. We are looking at a camping / riding weekend at the Vail Lake Resort around the end of January / first of February time frame.
We are currently offering a Basic Membership that is $30. This includes the benefits below. This membership will be offered until we become an IMBA Chapter. After that, memberships will be run through IMBA. Memberships are good 1 year from date of payment.
The benefits of this membership include:
- 1 year IVMTB membership (your IVMTB membership will convert to an IMBA membership when our club becomes an IMBA Chapter)
- Membership card
- Discounts on IVMTB Merchandise
- Free or heavily discounted member events
- Discounts from our sponsors (Discounts listed here)
- Being part of a unified voice on Mountain Bike Trail use issues in Riverside County.
- Knowing that you helped make the Inland Valley Mountain Bike Association become a reality.
IVMTB is a 501(c)3 Non Profit Organization so your donations are tax deductible.
If you are interested in joining us please visit the Membership Section of the website.