Our “Founding” Membership drive is going very well. We currently have 90 members with new people joining daily.
To see a list of our Founding Members please visit our Founding Members Page.
In just short of 6 weeks we have accomplished the following:
- 90 members have signed up
- We have 469 followers on Facebook
- We became a 501(c)3 Non-Profit & Insured Corporation
- We have designed a cool Founding Members Jersey and ordered the first batch. Our next and final batch will be ordered in December
- We have presented at 2 local city government meetings.
- We introduced the Organization to the Temecula City Council – 50 local mountain bikers attended the meeting to show support
- We presented a proposal to the Temecula Community Services Commission asking for approval to build ~4 miles of single track and 2 pump tracks at the Ronald Reagan Sport Park – 25 local mountain bikers attended the meeting to show support
- We received a $2500 Grant from the International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA) – This will fund one of IMBA’s Trail Specialists to spend 3 days consulting on the Sports Park Project (Nov 17 – 19)
- We have put on 10 local rides
If you are not already a member and are interested in becoming one of our Founding Members please check the membership section at the bottom of this post.
Corporation and Non-Profit Status
We are officially a 501(c)3 Non Profit Organization.
We continue to host a weekly Monday evening ride and some Saturday rides. You can find the ride schedule on our main Facebook Page, our Rides and Events Facebook Page and our Meetup.
Ronald Reagan Sports Park (Update) – We have been working with the City of Temecula on getting 3 to 4 miles of multi-use single track and two pump tracks built at the Ronald Reagan Sports Park in Temecula. We presented our proposal to the Temecula Community Service Commission on November 10th. The meeting went very well. The commission liked our proposal and passed it onto a sub-committee. The sub-committee will work with us to get the proposal ready for the Temecula City Council.
We also received a grant from the International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA) for $2500. This grant will be used to have an IMBA trail specialist come out for 3 days to consult on the project. The trial specialist will be here Monday, November 17th – Wednesday, November 19th. If you are interested in meeting him he will be joining us on our Monday night ride.
On Thursday, November 13th we met with a Press Enterprise reporter at the Ronald Reagan Sports Park to discuss the project. The article will be in Sundays paper.
Vail Lake (Update) – Jason Ranoa continues to work with the new management at Vail Lake to ensure we can continue to ride and hold events at the Vail Campground.
Hogbacks – This has been put on hold so that we can focus on the Ronald Reagan Sports Park Project
We will be participating in the 2nd Annual Cranksgiving Day Ride on November 15th @ 9am. This event is a 20 mile SOCIAL road ride (on any bike you want to ride) and food drive. We meet at The Bike Shop Temecula and ride to Organic Roots to buy groceries. Then we ride back to the bike shop with our groceries. The groceries are then loaded in a van and taken to The Community Mission of Hope to be distributed to families in need. This ride was started last year by The Temecula Bike Train. If you want to participate all you need is a bike, a backpack, and $15 cash to buy items from the food drive list. This event is FREE FOR ALL AGES. We will also post details on our Facebook and Meetup Ride pages.
We are also working with Zak Schwank, founder of The Temecula Bike Train and a Commissioner on theTemecula Community Services Commission to participate in Temecula’s Santas Electric Light Parade on December 5th. Keep an eye on the Facebook and Meetup pages for details.
Thank you all for your support!! I look forward to meeting and riding with you in the future.
This Founding Membership will only be offered until December 1st, 2014. After that, memberships will be run through the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA). Memberships are good 1 year from date of payment.
The benefits of this membership include:
- 1 year IVMTB membership (your IVMTB membership will also get you an IMBA membership when our club becomes an IMBA Chapter)
- Limited edition Founding Members card
- You will have the option to purchase a limited edition Founding Members Jersey (These will only be offered until Dec 1)
- Free or heavily discounted member events
- Discounts from our sponsors (Discounts listed here)
- Recognition on the Founding Members page of the IVMTB.org website
- Being part of a unified voice on Mountain Bike Trail use issues in Riverside County.
- Knowing that you helped make the Inland Valley Mountain Bike Association become a reality.
- IVMTB is a 501(c)3 Non Profit Organization so your donations are tax deductible.
If you are interested in joining us please visit our Join IVMTB page.